Monday, September 1, 2008

Labor Day Links

Observation of the NOW:

Dear Marketing Genius/es,

The next time you start a banner ad campaign, perhaps you should get someone other than a 13-year-old with a pirated copy of Photoshop to create your banner. First, you brilliant people failed to recognize the young "it boy" actor from Gossip Girl, Chace Crawford, when you started an ad campaign for WooMe.com and now this:

Just FYI: World Wide Web has three 'W's.

Links Of NOW:

Kevin and Joe Jonas are dating each other? Ewwwww... (INF Daily)

Something tells me that neither this woman's hair, nor exposed legs would be driving any man mad anytime soon - though they do live in a dessert... (Pink Sheep of the Family)

Jaime-Lynn Palin is pregnant and getting married. Is it just me, or are shotgun weddings all the rage lately? (Snark Food)

What's all this business about Steve Jobs having cancer? We all know he was killed by the "kill switch" in his iPhone. I wonder when Apple will come clean about the mind control switch. (lolebrity)

I Love You, Oscar-Bait Movie! I'm SOOOOOoooo glad no one's come up with the idea to put two prominant actors in leading roles as homosexuals in a film yet. What's Bareback Mountain? (Agent Bedhead)

'People of the World, Whore-up Your Life' with the Pussycat Dolls movie. (Popcrunch)

Halle Berry's daughter is beautiful! No big surprises there. (Celebitchy)

Captain Obvious speaks to us from Taco Bell. His message is brought to us by Chris Illuminati. (This is Illuminati)

Get thee to a library, Eva! Then read-up on some less obvious plots for Desperate Housewives. Also, look-up the definition of 'housewife' and share it with The Real Life Housewives of Orange County and New York (Seriously? OMG! WTF?)

Announcement Of The NOW:

Firstly, I have to tell you about some changes to Super-Fantastic Plastic. After upgrading to Firefox 3 last night, I noticed that my hidden header (it should be invisible underneath my masthead) was causing a distortion with my posts, so I had to play around a bit and get it to disappear. Interestingly enough, I was able to do away with it with the same command line in my template that gets rid of the Blogger Navbar.

I'd also like to announce that I'm on the verge of launching a second blog, HateValentine.com - a blog that will allow you to send all those you despise the message in a clear and hysterical manner. Now, for those of you that think that hate is a bad thing, I want to let you know neither I, nor the site, support racism, violence, homophobia or any sort of nonproductive display of hate. HateValentine.com will support a healthy, comic view of dislike and disapproval. It will prompt its readers to be constructive with their negative emotions - even creative. If you find yourself not liking someone, send them a Hate Valentine! Heck you can even send them to someone you like. And yes, we will have actual Hate Valentines to download and purchase, along with other merchandise.

Enjoy your Labor Day, all!

No comments:

Post a Comment