Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Lens Flare: The Unsung Hero Of The Fall TV Line-Up


Remember when graphic designers were those unbelievably talented people that created amazing graphics for promos, magazines, posters and more? Well, none of those people can find a job, because most of the major television studios appear to be hiring teenagers with pirated copies of Photoshop they downloaded off LimeWire ten minutes ago. I mean, how else can we explain the popularity of the lens flare effect in almost every promo we've seen so far? I've seen the not-so-special effect on hundreds of promos so far that I believe the networks at least owe lens flare a bit part on Gossip Girl. Who is Lensa Flarey sleeping with now, that slut!

Any moment now, the dimbulbs will discover the drop shadow button and every star will look like they've been shot in 3D. But heck, if they pirate Photoshop 7, at least they won't have to remember to remove the effects when they hide a layer - otherwise, we'd have ghost-shadows on every promo. Actually, darn it! I want that bug back, Photoshop! I'd love to see all the bad image enhancements we'd get from Photoshop 5 or 6. Oh well, I guess I'll just have to settle for lackluster creativity.

Remember folks: when in doubt, pull the lens flare out.

No comments:

Post a Comment