Friday, August 22, 2008

Get Outta My Face!

Maybe I'm a horrible person. Alright, I am a horrible person. I know I'm goin' to hell, but I'm pretty sure I'll be in good company among many of you out there. So, when I read the headline, "Facial Transplant Donors Scarce, Study Finds," I laughed out loud for a full ten minutes. I just seems the kind of thing that a scientific organization would say, doesn't it? It's like that old joke about why there are more male-to-female transsexuals than female-to-male transsexuals - it's too hard to find donors.

OK, so I know that people don't donate their penises to FTMs, but it's still a funny thought. And yes, I do know that people only donate their faces after death, but it's still tickling to imagine a group of highly educated medical professionals in a room, wondering why no one is itching to have their face removed. To make the matter even more laughable, the doctor interviewed for the article mentioned the movie Face/Off. I'm pretty sure only a moron would think the whole trading-faces-with-a-criminal scenario is even remotely plausible.

Besides which, I'm not sure anyone would want my face... God knows where it's been. For crying out loud, I'm usually the one at the dinner table that has to inform the diners that the dish they're eating actually tastes nothing like ass. OK, TMI, but you get the picture.

No comments:

Post a Comment