Saturday, August 9, 2008

Don't Change A Thing, Jason Behr


It might seem strange for a cosmetic medicine blogger and plastic surgery enthusiast to extol the virtues of flawed beauty, but I'm a big believer in wabi-sabi: the primarily Japanese philosophy of beauty which maintains that nothing can be beautiful unless it is somehow imperfect, impermanent, and incomplete. It strikes me that this definition perfectly describes the human condition. None of us are perfect, we're all impermanent and we are all, somehow, on a journey to completion.

So, I've decided to start a series of posts entitled, Don't Change A Thing, to focus on stars with some sort of perceived flaw that just makes them all the more attractive.

I'm going to start with the adorable, sexy-as-hell Jason Behr. I'm sure you've all noticed that despite his incredible body, chiseled face, and puppy-dog eyes, Mr. Behr has what some call "car-door ears" - they jut out a good deal away from his skull and frame his face. Lately, it seems Jason's been picking hairstyles to hide this enduring little flaw. Frankly, I wish he wouldn't. Despite all of his great features, his Dumbo ears are, by far, my favorite. And really, I like something to hold onto in bed!

So, what about you? Can you think of a celebrity with a flaw that makes you find them all the more attractive?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

He's adorable as all get out!
P.S. "I Hope They Never Fix It" = Great idea for a string of posts.

BlogKat.net said...

Haha... I guess it's ironic, Beej! I've decided to change the name of the series to "Don't Change A Thing". It just seems to convey the whole thought process behind the posts so much better.

And yes, Jason is a big teddy bear!

Anonymous said...

And he eventually did have them done. :(

Anonymous said...

Many years later.

Post a Comment