Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Linkin' Logs

Quotables Of The NOW:

"Any fool can complain and criticize - and most fools do." - Benjamin Franklin

Observation Of The NOW:


This movie only confirms everything I've ever believed -




Linkage Of The NOW:

Sex-bomb
hits Sarajevo. (Just Jared)

Dov Charney, CEO of American Apparel, is searching for his missing dog. He says he fears it's been eaten by coyotes, but I think it ran from average-looking, possibly bisexual models in overpriced Fruit Of The Loom knockoffs. (Gawker)

Peaches Geldof gets married, wonders why her parents named her "peaches". (Gravy and Biscuits)

Comedian Dane Cook claims that My Best Friend's Girl is "the best movie [he's] ever been in." That's right, Dane, blame the movies for their horridness and not your aching need for acting lessons. (Jossip)

Personally, I think Ryan Reynolds is pretending ScarJo's really Jeff Gordon. (Webster's Is My Bitch)

The shirt didn't lie, Benji and Paris are still together. It's about time we all go ice skating in hell, ain't it? (INF Daily)

It's a sad, sad state of the world when a celebrity has to "claim" to be unhealthy. Seriously, I eat frosting out of the can with a spoon! (Celebitchy)

An ascot! A mutherf#cking ascot and a white tuxedo jacket with black piping. Katherine Hepburn wants her style back, Chuck Bass. (Pink Is The New Blog)

Lip pubic hair may be back in fashion, being sported by Robert Downey Jr. and Ron Jeremy. God help us all. (Candy Kirby)

You too can look like the live-action cast of Scooby-Doo! Yearbook yourself. (Pink Sheep of the Family)

Rant Of The NOW:

Oh, have I got a rant for you! But you're going to have to wait - it's going to take a post all its own.

Until then, I'll share a cool genetics project with you: The Genographic Project. The project was established to track the ancient movements of man all over the globe through ancient points in history. All it takes is a cheek swab and an SASE (kit costs $100) and a team of researchers will get back to you with a map of the movements of your ancestors (either male or female) from ancient Africa, to the Middle East, and then outward into the world.

I tracked both my mother and my father's DNA - It looks like my mother's linage can be traced to Stone Age Britain, whereas my father's comes from Italy (I guess I can claim to be Italian) and met with my mother's in the late Roman period in Wales. Pretty cool, huh?

No comments:

Post a Comment